Aim: To train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise classes in a water environment.
- Experience of water-based exercise classes is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore some of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication.
Target Learners: • Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as water-based fitness instructors
- To develop learner’s knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to exercise and fitness
- To develop learner’s ability to plan and deliver safe and effective water-based exercise sessions
- To provide learners with the knowledge to develop good customer service and the personal qualities required by the exercise and fitness industry
- To provide learners with an awareness of health and safety in an exercise and fitness environment
- To provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further qualifications in the exercise and fitness industry