The NEW Level 2 Certificate in Group Training qualification gives instructors a dynamic and flexible learning path, combining teaching units based on the type of group training you want to teach. This includes Group Training – for classes such as high-intensity interval training, boot camp or circuits – and Group Training (to music), which adds the skills needed to plan and teach sessions to the beat and phrasing of music. This includes Zumba®, aerobics, dance fitness or Les Mills classes.
The new Group Training qualification replaces the Level 2 Exercise to Music qualification.
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to plan, deliver and supervise safe and effective group training sessions.
Learners must complete the four mandatory units:
- Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
- Professionalism for group training
- Health and safety in a group training environment
- Supporting behaviour change and healthy lifestyles
Learners must complete ONE of the optional units:
- Planning and instructing group training sessions
- Planning and instructing group exercise to music sessions
- Some experience of group training or exercise to music classes is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore some physical fitness is necessary.
There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication