The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to plan, deliver and supervise safe and effective group training sessions. During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness.
- Health and safety in the group training environment.
- The skills to support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle.
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective group training sessions.
- Professionalism for group training.
- Personal and professional development.
- Delivering exceptional customer service.
- Some experience of group training classes is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore some physical fitness is necessary.
There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication