This qualification aims to give learners the knowledge and skills to improve their business skills within the fitness industry.
Learners must hold a minimum of a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness instructing or higher e.g. Certificate in Personal Training, Diploma in Instructing Pilates
- Freelance fitness instructors and personal trainers wishing to improve their business skills.
- Understand how to develop a proposal to start a new business
- Describe business objectives using the Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound (SMART) model
- Be able to develop a proposal to start a new business
- Estimate start up costs and produce a 12-month cash flow forecast that takes into consideration: business objectives, seasonal fluctuations, business running costs and sales of services and product
- Understand how to develop a marketing strategy in line with a business proposal
- Producing a Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis and understanding why it is an important part of the marketing process
- Analysing the results of the market research and developing a 12-month promotional plan that schedules each promotional activity and cost
- Understanding professional business writing: letters, emails, reports and memos
- Understanding how to approach prospective clients and employers
- CV writing guidance
- Portfolio of Evidence