The Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing Children aims to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to plan and deliver safe and effective group and individual physical exercise sessions for children aged 5 to 11 and 11 to 15 (the types of activity and delivery methods for these age groups are distinctly different).
This qualification is open to all:
• The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore some physical fitness is necessary
• There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication)
• Adults wishing to pursue a career either in the health and fitness sector, community setting or in schools as teachers of children’s physical activity.
• Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise
• Unit 2 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
• Unit 3 – Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
• Unit 4 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health
• Unit 5 – Planning health related exercise and physical activity for children
• Unit 6 – Instructing health related exercise and physical activity to children
• Multiple Choice Examination **
• Portfolio of Evidence
• Practical Demonstration
** Those already with a Level 2 Gym or
ETM qualification do not have to do the theory papers**