Gym Instructor Course and Certification
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) provides the knowledge and skills to enable learners to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective sessions. This qualification will provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2.
This qualification is open to all:
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore some physical fitness is necessary
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- Adults wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as gym-based fitness instructors.
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Unit 2 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Unit 3 – Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Unit 4 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Unit 5 – Planning gym-based exercise
- Unit 6 – Instructing gym-based exercise
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Practical Demonstration