Active IQ Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF)
This Education and Training qualification is designed to prepare learners for teaching in a wide range of contexts.
The Level 3 qualification has been developed to meet a requirement of the Further Education Teachers’ Qualifications (England) Regulations 2007 and related contractual requirements introduced by the funding agency at the same time. Achieving the qualification will provide sufficient evidence that an individual has acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to teach beyond an initial year in the FE sector. This qualification has been endorsed by the Institute for Learning (IFL).
Learners must be 19+ and do not need to be in a teaching role. However, learners do need to be competent in the area in which they wish to teach.
Qualification Structure and Credit Value
Learners must achieve 12 credits to gain this qualification
- 3 credits must come from group A
- 6 credits from group B
- 3 credits from group C
Group A (Mandatory Unit)
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and learning.
Group B (Optional Units)
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals
- Facilitate learning and development in groups
Group C (Optional Units)
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Course work / portfolio of evidence consisting of
- Lesson Plan
- Micro teaching log
- Practical observation