The aim of the Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to treat and/or seek to correct common patterns of dysfunction and suitable pre-diagnosed injuries.
Learners must hold the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy or equivalent.
To provide learners with the skills and knowledge to be able to:
- Understand the clinical procedures for client assessment and treatment planning.
- Conduct objective physical assessments.
- Understand the purpose of neuromuscular and tissue mobilisation techniques in sports massage and the skills to be able to apply effective neuromuscular and tissue mobilisation techniques.
- Utilise soft tissue techniques appropriate to specific clients.
- Understand treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration
Professional associations (PAs)
There are a number of professional associations (PAs) that offer membership to qualified (post graduate) sports massage therapists.
Individual PAs often have their own membership entry requirements that can include such as :
- A minimum period of time over which a course/qualification is completed
- The method of course delivery.
- A logbook to evidence student practise hours.
- A First Aid qualification.
- An annual log of Continuing Professional Development hours (CPD).
This list is not necessarily complete and learners are advised to check the requirements of a specific PA they may like to join post qualification.