The aim of Level 3 Award in Conditioning for Exercise and Sports Performance is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan and instruct sports conditioning programmes to improve exercise and sports performance. This award also provides learners with the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the role of a sports conditioning coach.
- Understand the principles of programming for sports conditioning.
- Understand sporting demands and how they can be used to inform effective sports conditioning programming.
- Be able to plan sports conditioning programmes to improve performance.
- Be able to instruct effective sports conditioning sessions.
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (or equivalent), a Level 2 Coaching qualification or a Level 2 Activity Leadership qualification.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
- Principles of sports conditioning and understanding
- The role of a sports conditioning coach
- How to develop self as a sports conditioning coach
- Sporting demands and how they can be used to inform effective sports conditioning programming
- How fitness assessments can support the planning of sports conditioning programmes
- How assessment and programming can support the planning of sports conditioning programmes
- Plan, deliver and evaluate sports conditioning programmes and be able to:
- Gather appropriate information to plan a sports conditioning programme
- Plan sports conditioning programmes to improve performance
- Prepare to deliver sports conditioning sessions
- Instruct effective sports conditioning sessions
- Case Study
- Summative observed session