Learners must hold a Level 2 Gym or ETM and Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity or Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Exercise and Health or Level 3 Personal Training qualification.
- Understand Nutrition for sport and exercise performance
- Understand the need for a healthy, balanced diet to optimise sports performance.
- Understand how to access credible information about sports and performance nutrition.
- Understand the benefits and risks of specific nutritional protocols that may be used to prepare for sports or fitness events.
- Understand the current scientific evidence relating to the safety and efficacy of common, legally available supplements and ergogenic aids.