Level 3 Certificate in Leisure Management is designed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to deal with the performance of other staff, the well-being and safety of customers, as well as the day-to-day operation of a sport and recreation facility.
- There are no specific pre-requisite qualifications but there is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication
Qualification Structure and Credit Value
The learner must complete all 6 mandatory units, plus a minimum of 2 credits from any optional unit(s).
The learner must complete all 6 mandatory units.
- Understanding how to lead a team in active leisure
- Promoting customer care in active leisure
- Understanding how to manage health, safety and welfare in active leisure
- Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning Sector
- Understanding Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Continuing professional development in active leisure
The learner must complete a minimum of two credits from any optional unit(s).
- Understanding financial procedures in active leisure (3 credits)
- Understanding how to deliver objectives through the work of an active leisure team (2 credits)
- Understanding how to supervise facility maintenance in active leisure (2 credits)
- Marketing in active leisure (6 credits)
- Understanding how to sell services and products to customers in active leisure (4 credits)
- Operating swimming pool plant (4 credits)
- Presentation task/observation