Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training qualification is designed to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
- There are no specific pre-requisite qualifications but some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- Some physical fitness is necessary and there is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing).
- Learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number.
Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
- Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
- Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors
- Health and safety in the fitness environment
- Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness
- The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health
- Lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions
- Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients
- Programme design and delivery for personal training
- Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers
- Multiple choice question papers (Anatomy & Physiology and Nutrition)
- Practical Observation snd self evaluation