Diploma in Fitness Instructing & Personal Training
Diploma in Fitness Instructing & Personal Training qualification is designed to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
- There are no specific pre-requisite qualifications but some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- Some physical fitness is necessary and there is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing).
- Learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number.
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (QCF)
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Multiple choice question papers
- Practical Observation
- Coursework/ portfolio of evidence