Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training Courses provides learners with the knowledge and skills to work with individuals and groups of clients in a personal training setting. This certification will allow learner’s entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3.
- Holding a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (gym based exercise) or international qualifications eg ACE, ISSA, IFPA, ACSM, NASM
- Some physical fitness is necessary and there is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing)
- Learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number.
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Unit 1- Multiple choice question paper
- Unit 2 – Multiple choice question paper
- Unit 3 – Client interview, PAR-Q, overview of client goals, overview of eight week programme, two programme cards, evaluation and modification summary, worksheet
- Unit 4 – Practical observation and self evaluation